Does this smoothie not scream summer? This apricot smoothie recipe with mixed fruits is the perfect way to refuel after a workout. The bright sunny colour and the flavour are so tempting, refreshing and healing for a post-workout snack! It has the Vitamins your body needs and is full of goodness to help boost your body recovery.
Apricot is one of the stone fruits I awfully enjoy that doesn’t really get featured in many recipes. What I like about fresh apricots is that they have a unique sweetness that’s almost like honey.
Unfortunately, the apricot fruit does not produce a great deal of juice. The best way to fill a smoothie glass without compromising the incredible taste is by adding strawberries as strawberries will not overpower the flavour of the apricot. It will only add a tad bit of sweetness to the drinks you’re making.
It also depends on how ripe or sweet your fruit is. There’s no reason you can’t add in other stone fruits such as plum’s or peach’s if you fancy them.
This Apricot smoothie recipe is definitely a good choice for summer. It’s an energy boosting drink for stamina that packs in Vitamins A and C with a good dose of fibre. I make this smoothie with fresh apricots, frozen pineapple and strawberries with cold coconut water.
This recipe is easy to make and only requires a small amount of time to prep the fruit. The results to it are well worth it.
Apricot Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup of cold coconut water
- 2 cups of pitted apricots
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
How to make an Apricot Smoothie
- Prepare both the strawberries and apricots
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender
- Blend for around 2 minutes or until smooth.
- I wanted this recipe to be non-dairy so I used cold coconut water instead of milk. Also, I realized the milk separates when you let it sit for a while. So, I don’t like using milk. Some might find it weird mixing apricots and strawberry in the smoothie, but I can assure you it’s a great combo! You’ll get a gigantic amount of flavour from all the fruits.
Nutrition Fact: Calories Per Serving: ???