Homemade apple cider is very easy to make. In fact, it amazed me how simple it is when I came across this simple recipe. This homemade apple cider recipe is detoxing and also tasty, having a nice blend of cinnamon and spices. I prefer to make it at home because It’s not overly sweet or sour like the ones you can buy in shops.
So, let’s talk about what is actually in this apple cider. Well, not much at all! There are apples, water, select spices, and sugar – it’s that simple. I suggest you try using a few different varieties of apples for the best flavour. Personally, I love using a sweeter apple such as Gala, Fuji or honey crisp.
I am also adding orange to balance out the apple’s sweetness with a citrus burst. The fruits pair really well with the spices and cinnamon. I’ve been making this homemade apple cider monthly. Not only because it tastes so good but also because of its pleasant smell.
I am sure you already know the benefits of using a homemade apple cider recipe. Some of the perceived benefits include; weight loss, improvement of diabetic symptoms, clearing of acne, and to many things to list here.
Good luck making yours!
Homemade Apple Cider Ingredients
- 12 mixed variety medium apples (Honeycrisp, Gala and Fuji)
- 1 medium orange
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 4 cups of water
How to make Homemade Apple Cider
- Wash the apples and cut them into quarters. Peel the oranges and place the segments with the chopped apples into the slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon, ground cloves, sugar and water into the cooker. Ensure that there is enough water to cover the fruits.
- Turn on the slow cooker and leave on a medium heat for 5 to 6 hours. stirring occasionally.
- After approximately 5 hours the fruits will be very soft. Mash them together with a large wooden spoon to squeeze out any remaining flavors inside the fruits.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes to 1 hour on a low heat
- Use a fine sieve to remove all of the chunks from the apple cider when transferring from the slow cooker to a pitcher
Apple Cider Benefits
- When using this homemade apple cider recipe, i sieve the final product to or 3 times to ensure there are no bits.
Why not try this homemade tea recipe?
Nutrition Fact: Calories Per Serving: ???