This kiwi smoothie recipe with fresh spinach leaves is perfect for summer days! Nothing hits the spot like a refreshing, tasty, healthy smoothie. Not all smoothies are healthy but this one in particular is packed full of goodness!
Spinach is a well-known “superfood” that is full of vitamins and fibre. It injects your body full of nutrients and also helps your body digest other food. It does have an acquired taste though, so many people miss out on all of its health benefits. I added it to this recipe as a lot of its natural taste is masked by the sweet fruits.
- When picking spinach, I would suggest avoiding the larger, darker leaves as they are very bitter. I opt for the baby spinach leaves as they are slightly sweeter and more palatable.
Just like spinach, Kiwis have many health benefits as they are packed with antioxidants and are a great source of fibre. Unlike spinach, the kiwi fruit is full of flavour which really does take the bitterness out of this smoothie recipe.
This smoothie makes the perfect vegan breakfast or snack. To increase the protein content, you can add more hemp seeds or chia seeds. You can also add your favourite vegan protein powder if that’s your thing. I am not a fan of protein powder so I added none!
Kiwi Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 peeled kiwi cut into chunks
- 1 banana cut into chunks
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
How to make a Kiwi Smoothie
- Mix together the kiwi, banana, spinach, almond milk, chia seeds and ice cubes in a blender
- Blend for around 90 seconds (or until smooth.)
- Serve in a chilled glass and enjoy!
- When making smoothies i always freeze my fruit beforehand. This increases the flavor as i don’t need to add ice!
Nutrition Fact: Calories Per Serving: ???